This is journalism as democracy. You voted. And I’ll cover your top five picks as part of the CNN Change the List project.
Drum roll please ..
And the winners are:
1. America’s widening rich-poor gap (16,789 votes)
2. Illegal animal trade (13,276 votes)
3. Where rape is most common (12,996)
4. The world’s poorest children (12,820)
5. America’s most endangered river (12,002)
See the full list on CNN.com. Thanks to all who voted!
More than 32K votes in all. So cool.
America’s widening gap between the rich and poor — and this country’s fast-disappearing sense of security and progress and economic stability — is so far the top pick among the 20 subjects I presented as part of a new project called Change the List. “Who cares about the economy?” - John Sutter/ CNN (via cnnchangethelist)